Wednesday 24 November 2010

A friends 'birthday card'

Taking a leaf out Nicks book, I found tis wooden arch and thought I would make a card/present for an old [yes we are the same age!] Of course Nicks uses lumps of wood lol 'altered art and a load of tat' is her blog and well wrth a visit.
Back to my effort.    I bought this at the Craft Barn some time ago, and wanted something different to give Joan, my school friend of long ago.
First I painted with a blue test paint, which I nicked from a well known store!
Double embossed the tops with Cosmic Shimmer ultra thick 'Artic Lake'. It gives a double take colour in blue/mauve.
Moulds from my mould box, of which I have many ! Coloured with perfect pearls.
Stenciled swirls and added stamped images for the inside.
inside
Beads for a bit of interest and hey presto!!!!                                    front  

3 comments:

Netty said...

Your friend will love this Sparkles. Take care, Annette x

Nicks said...

i wish i was your friend

Katherine said...

Fabby stuff!



This is an ATC which means an Artists Trading Card where people from all over swap these little cards. They measure 2 1/2ins by 3 1/2 ins and they cannot be bought.