Monday 7 April 2014

a 70th Birthday card

I made this card for my Scottish friend, who was 70 on the 6th April.  Incidently, it would have been John and my 52nd wedding Anniversary, but, it wasn't to be.

The card is  satin finish card, with an embossed square, inked round the edge.  The circle is lace' placed on sparkly paper [well, it had to be sparkly !].  The 70 is cut out, covered with crumpled kitchen foil and coloured with alcohol inks.
I found the butterfly die cut in my cuttle bug box.  It is a Tim Holtz.  Cut out in parchment, then embossed and mounted on shiny paper.

Not having done craft for quite a while, due to an emotional time lately, I was quite pleased with the finished product and hope she likes it too

No comments:



This is an ATC which means an Artists Trading Card where people from all over swap these little cards. They measure 2 1/2ins by 3 1/2 ins and they cannot be bought.