Monday 12 April 2010

The Ally Pally Weekend

Saturday morning 10am my Bessie Mate arrived, and it was laughs from then on.
The three of us went out for lunch at a local resturant, then I asked very nicely, if she could possibly run us out a few miles, to Faversham, to look at hammocks for our garden.  That's OK she says, so off we went.
A perfect hammock was found [and I persuaded John to buy me a recliner tomatch lol]  A flat pack, which, unfotunately, didn't fit in the car with three of us, so we ran John home, so he could rest, and went back for the aforementioned hammock.  Nice man loaded it and off we went.

Next step
Unload and assemble said hammock.
Eeeeer - information leaflet?   Think the mice got in ...............................






So, hey, not to be beaten, the three of us set to and, after all, three heads are better than one!

Lots of laughter and a couple of hours later ...........

Nearly there !



and it was a sit in celebration with a confetti bomb - or two !!!!!


And this is my recliner which I will recline in  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Then came Saturday the 10th - Ally Pally day. So up at 6am!!! Gawd I must really NEED to go there. We arrived at 8.45 just in time for a bacon baguet and tea. But we had managed to park in the disabled car park, as Nicks told the very nice man I had difficulty walking LOL!!

A great day meeting up with DoCrafters under the palm tree.  Left earlier than usual but, we managed to avoid the rush hour and got home at 5o/c with fish and chips then settled down to play with our goodies and a glass of wine


and this is what I bought .......................... paints, a die cut, ink pads, embossing powders and bits from the 'Ribbon Box'
Charms in the lower picture




 
Some of the DoCrafters.

Sunday We did have to go to Sainsburys and we DID nearly get into someone elses car - by mistake I might add.  We both cracked up !

Then Nicks taught me to use felting wool to cover a pebble. Yes, I know that sounds odd but watch this space, 'cos if mine turns out as good as hers did, I will be well chuffed. This does involve a lot of soapy water, so a bit messy, but that's what crafting is all about
Well, best go clear up the mess we have made crafting and put the shepherds pie in the oven which Nicks brought us, along with other meals in the freezer [bless]
A fabby weekend and I loves her for looking after us xxxx



No comments:



This is an ATC which means an Artists Trading Card where people from all over swap these little cards. They measure 2 1/2ins by 3 1/2 ins and they cannot be bought.